Need Fantasy Football lineup advice? Talk to CBS Sports on your Google Assistant to get insights on the best sleepers and to help decide between players. Just start with, “Hey Google, talk to CBS Sports.”
We got hit with a big injury Monday evening when it was reported that Eagles running back Jay Ajayi will be placed on injured reserve with a torn ACL. It will make Wendell Smallwood quite popular on this week’s waiver wire.
Smallwood will be part of a rotation with Corey Clement and Darren Sproles, but Smallwood should get the most touches in Week 6 at the Giants. The game is Thursday night, and Clement (quad) has not played since Week 3, while Sproles (hamstring) remains out since getting hurt in Week 1.
Clement is also worth adding in all leagues and could eventually become the starter, but the Eagles will likely use multiple backs for the rest of the season based on coach Doug Pederson’s track record. Or Philadelphia could be a buyer via trade — Le’Veon Bell is clearly a possibility — after the team acquired Ajayi from Miami last year in a mid-season deal.
For now, Smallwood should be the No. 1 player added in all leagues. And he will likely be a starting Fantasy option in Week 6, especially if Clement isn’t ready for a heavy workload in his return to the field.
In other injury news, Alfred Morris could also be a popular waiver-wire addition with Matt Breida (ankle) hurt. And Fantasy owners will likely need some receiver help with Brandin Cooks (concussion) and Cooper Kupp (concussion) both ailing.
And with New Orleans and Detroit on a bye, we are without several stars in Week 6, including quarterbacks Drew Brees and Matthew Stafford. Jameis Winston is a priority add for anyone in need of a quarterback because he could be a top-10 Fantasy passer for the rest of the season.
Editor’s note: For this waiver wire column, we are only looking at players owned in less than 65 percent of CBS Sports leagues.
- Key players on a bye: Drew Brees, Matthew Stafford
- Injuries of note: None
- Priority list: Jameis Winston (49 percent ownership), Baker Mayfield (62 percent), Eli Manning (41 percent), Mitchell Trubisky (42 percent), Case Keenum (36 percent), C.J. Beathard (12 percent)
- Key players on a bye: Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, LeGarrette Blount, Theo Riddick
- Injuries of note: Jay Ajayi (knee), Adrian Peterson (shoulder), Leonard Fournette (hamstring), Dalvin Cook (hamstring), Matt Breida (ankle), Chris Thompson (ribs), Giovani Bernard (knee), Lamar Miller (chest), Marlon Mack (hamstring), Darren Sproles (hamstring), Corey Grant (foot)
- Priority list: Wendell Smallwood (10 percent ownership), Corey Clement (63 percent), Alfred Morris (49 percent), Nyheim Hines (66 percent), Ronald Jones (33 percent), Mike Davis (45 percent), Latavius Murray (54 percent), Alfred Blue (22 percent), D’Onta Foreman (16 percent), Samaje Perine (2 percent), Kapri Bibbs (0 percent), Jalen Richard (12 percent), Darren Sproles (15 percent), Kyle Juszczyk (1 percent)
- Key players on a bye: Michael Thomas, Ted Ginn, Cameron Meredith, Tre’Quan Smith, Kenny Golladay, Golden Tate, Marvin Jones
- Injuries of note: Brandin Cooks (concussion), Cooper Kupp (concussion), T.Y. Hilton (hamstring), Randall Cobb (hamstring), Geronimo Allison (concussion), Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring), Marquise Goodwin (thigh), Ted Ginn (knee), DeVante Parker (quad), Josh Docston (heel), Paul Richardson (knee), Anthony Miller (shoulder), John Ross (groin), Rishard Higgins (knee)
- Priority list: Chris Godwin (49 percent), Mohamed Sanu (41 percent), Keke Coutee (38 percent), Taylor Gabriel (19 percent), Marquez Valdes-Scantling (10 percent), Chester Rogers (9 percent), Robby Anderson (38 percent), Donte Moncrief (16 percent), Cameron Meredith (15 percent), Tre’Quan Smith (4 percent), Christian Kirk (20 percent), Josh Reynolds (0 percent), Antonio Callaway (50 percent), Trent Taylor (1 percent), Equanimeous St. Brown (1 percent), Rishard Matthews (8 percent)
Drop candidates: Larry Fitzgerald (87 percent), Kenny Stills (85 percent), Randall Cobb (74 percent), Quincy Enunwa (74 percent), Chris Hogan (73 percent), Ted Ginn (56 percent), Marquise Goodwin (53 percent)
- Key players on a bye: Benjamin Watson
- Injuries of note: George Kittle (knee), O.J. Howard (knee), Evan Engram (knee), Greg Olsen (foot), Jack Doyle (ankle), Austin Seferian-Jenkins (abdomen), Tyler Kroft (foot)
- Priority list: Cameron Brate (27 percent ownership), Austin Hooper (53 percent), Hayden Hurst (20 percent), C.J. Uzomah (23 percent), Geoff Swaim (16 percent)
Drop candidates: Ricky Seals-Jones (50 percent), O.J. Howard (49 percent), Benjamin Watson (43 percent)
- Packers (51 percent) vs. SF
- Seahawks (38 percent) at OAK
- Cowboys (47 percent) vs. JAC
So who should you sit and start? And what shocking QB could win you Week 6? Visit SportsLine now to get Fantasy football rankings for every single position, and see which shocking QB finishes in the top 10 this week, all from the model that out-performed experts big time last season.